Smugness / You Haven't Heard the Last of Me

Just to let everyone know, L.A. Story Part 7 is in the works but it won't happen until at least next week. I've got some personal business to tend to and you'll just have to deal with it (as I will). Just wanted to let you know it's coming, I'm working on it, and it won't be too long.

In the meantime, I thought I'd assemble a quick guide to commenting (on any site) and I'll feel better about myself for trying. People of the internet, please try to avoid these common spelling mistakes in the future:

"Awful" is spelled with one 'L'.

"Definitely" contains the word 'definite' and you simply add "LY" to the end. Common misspellings include "definately", "defiantly" (unless you actually want to use the word "defiantly"), and "evar".

"Kudos" is spelled just like that. You'd think people would get *that* one right, after all, it's the name of a candy bar... which doesn't sell too well, so maybe that's why. But for all the "kutoes" and "cudoes" that I've read, damn, man... go to a convenience store once in a while! (The Brits might call it a 'Petrol Shop', but they might call it a 'Sir Chauncewell' for all I know.) By the way, the word "kudos" is singular, so you can say "much kudos" but not "many kudos".

If you're going to call someone a "loser", best not to spell it wrong -- mostly I see "looser", which is the opposite of "tighter", as in, "turn the screw to the left and it gets looser." -or- "Since I've been dieting, my pants have felt looser." Say, did anyone watch last week's episode of The Biggest Loser? Everyone's clothes seemed looser. If you didn't watch it, I think you're a loser. (Apparently I'm a loser.)

How about "your" when it's supposed to be "you're" ("you are"). "You're an idiot if you can't keep your grammar straight. Your comment seems irrelevant when you're clearly not capable of using the right words."

"Allot" means to give or apportion, as a share or task. It does not mean "many" as in "there are a lot of people misusing the word "allot". I should get a team together and allot some time to educate people on how to use the word correctly."

"Should have" should have been used whenever you see "should of". No further comment.

Except for, okay, I *do* feel better. Hang on, the best is yet to come.

Comments

Popular Posts