Outdoing Ourselves, Perhaps



Some sad news to start. Aiko's dachshund Cocoa died on 8/17/2018 after she developed thyroid cancer and left this earth after 14 years of life. Aiko got her as a puppy just after she started working for Avex at the very beginning of her solo career. Throughout Cocoa's life Aiko was quite proud of her dog and it seems they were always together. Aiko says she's doing okay but it's obvious to anyone that she would really miss Cocoa and she says she wants to 'meet again on the rainbow bridge' when both have passed away. We at S.P.A.K.A. are very sorry for your loss and we know you loved that dog very much, Aiko-chan.

In other news relating to Aiko's career circa 2003,

On February 18, 2009 I posted: I've seen titles of a couple songs Aiko had sung for anime, prior to her first single, and was hoping to unearth one to prove that it really did exist. … There's still hope that a song called 'Midnight Horror School' exists, and that it's sung by Aiko.

I don't think that S.P.A.K.A. has ever accomplished as much as what I'm about to tell you, and probably will never be able to outdo this ever again.

"Midnight Horror School" really exists, I can offer my expert assurance that the singer is 100% Kayo Aiko, and I have uploaded the song so that you can listen to it right now.

In 2014 while the Royal Blue single was being promoted I stumbled across a video which was actually just an audio file of someone's recording of a TV playing the theme song. The song begins with an introduction by an unknown male announcer before the actual song starts and a very young Aiko sings the song very solidly and playfully, proving that she had a great deal of raw talent from the very beginning.

The song can be streamed here.

As I say in the SoundCloud description, this is a song to which I do not own the copyrights and I will gladly take it down if the owner can sell me a copy of it. I wish I had a better version. You might listen to this track and think it sounds a little "under water" and it's a lot less so than the version that was given to me, but it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of sound quality.

The only reason I am uploading this material is because I have no other way to present it to the public and prove that it exists. I found it 4 years ago and I don't believe that anyone in the USA even knows that this was a thing. Whoever uploaded this, thank you. This is about as rare an item as has ever been discovered in our time as historians of Aiko's career.

Though the work may be done solely by an individual, we remain the Society for the Preservation of Anything Kayo Aiko.


Popular Posts