We Weren't on Hiatus for 9 Years. The Rumors Aren't True.


I thought I had lost the ability to access this blog a while ago, so I began transferring old posts to jyoru.blogspot.com and adding new posts about Aiko there. I have plans to post somewhat regularly there in the near future and then I remembered my old email address so I modernized this site and tried to make it reminiscent of the old one at the same time, hope you like it.

This site is so beloved to me and I wondered if this should be my main page instead of jyoru.blogspot.com but then I'd have to re-post all of the re-posts and that seems confusing. Also, the type of visitor to what will be jyoru.blogspot.com might be baffled at the pink-ness of all of this and it would distract from the (somewhat similar but not all-Aiko) tone of what I've been planning to do. Even though, pink is an awesome color and I really like the way this site looks.

So going forward this site will contain any posts that are Aiko-related, and I might post every now and then, we'll see. I'd like to write another 'open letter to Ms. Kayo Aiko' at least once more.

Full disclosure, I might either remove or alter [probably via foot-notes] some of the old posts. I made references in my old posts to the physical appearance of several idols and even suggest being down for a sort of 'rendezvous' with some as well. I think I should explain this. Kayo Aiko was born on 12/11/1985. I was born in 1982. In 2006 she was 20 and I was 24. But then Kusumi was only 16 when I saw her at Anime Expo in 2009, so some of the statements about her might not be defensible now, but I just thought she was adorable and she was. What has happened since then has been a sharper disinterest with Jpop as the age gap got bigger, and let's face it: Aiko doesn't make music, and it was Aiko that I really liked along with SPEED and Perfume, the latter still going for effectively 18 years and counting. (Who saw that coming?) Still likes me some Perfume.

For all that's been said so far, Aiko still works in entertainment (radio or podcasting idk). This blog was started to attempt a communication with Aiko for just a short conversation to tell her thanks for introducing me to J-pop. If you live in Japan and know someone who knows someone, show them this site. I am sorry I don't speak Japanese but I can buy a translator FWIW.

It doesn't have to happen but here I'll stay.

"Honey, come quick, there's a new post on S.P.A.K.A.!"

Popular Posts